We experienced our fair share of April showers and pollen season, but last month was surely a beautiful one for the Southern Weddings ladies. Aside from many #SouthernDoin‘s, we prepped for our first V6 shoots and did plenty of celebrating. Here’s what we’ve been up to in and out of the office.
1. Marissa’s sock bun got fancy! Yes, she #putabowonit!
2. My little strawberry plant is doing well and sprouting out teeny berries!
3. Emily adored this punny mailing all the way from Owlabama.
4. Lara spent her April writing her first book proposal!
5. “It SNOWED! In April. IN the South,” said Kristin. “I made the most of it and put on my boots and put out a bowl to catch snow to make snow cream”
6. April was Southern Weddings’ birthday month. My desk was filled with all five volumes and lots of math while we calculated stats for our birthday graphics (here and here).
7. NC exploded into bloom in April, and we didn’t have to go farther than our office front door to find pretty flowers! This snap was taken on Emily’s midday walk.
8. Lara is changing her name! Deciding on her middle name has proven to be one of the hardest decisions.
9. Marissa about died when she received her monogram bracelet from Stacy Brown Designs! It’s monogram heaven!
10. For Emily, much of April was taken up by her honeymoon to Nevis — one of her favorite snaps!
11. Marissa sent many handwritten notes this month with her adorable new notecards! (Lettered by our own Emily Thomas!)
12. Kristin celebrated a very big birthday with sweet friends and a delicious cookie cake (her favorite).
13. Kristin indulged in a midnight snack in the form of a yummy Krispy Kreme doughnut!
14. Emily and John planted their balcony veggie/herb garden.
15. Lara and Ari told the story of their marriage and how love never fails during the Amazing Life Together webinar.
16. Lara and Grace took a trip down the road to visit some farm friends!
17. I hosted friends at my house for a weekend and played hostess by whipping up brunch!
18. Marissa officially became a Lululemon convert. She especially loves their manifesto on what’s most important.
What did y’all do in April? What were the highlights of your month?