It has been a busy start to the year! We haven’t given y’all a behind-the-scenes look into the lives of the SW gals in awhile, but we’re happily sharing a few glimpses from our time in and out of the office today. As Kristin says, February was the time of love and birthdays.
1. Marissa posted her favorite new shirt from Petal Boutique. It’s business in the front and a party in the back, she says!
2. I pulled out my Pantone swatches to do some color matching for a new product in the shop. Can you tell which print I was working on?
3. Kristin and the SW gals celebrated sweet Marissa’s birthday with a dance party and a cupcake. This is one of K’s favorite pictures ever. (Thanks Kat Harris!)
4. Lara launched her brand new site! See it here y’all.
5. Marissa’s suitcase was a bit over packed for her trip out west, so this Southern girl had to wear her winter coat through the airport!
6. Emily has been loving her tending list and notepad from the new Lara Casey shop.
7. Emily and John celebrated Valentine’s Day with dinner at home and a first viewing of their Inkspot long-form wedding film.
8. Valentine’s Day was delicious in the office thanks to a treat from our intern, Jessica. She gave us heart-shaped biscuits and jam!
9. Kristin and Kyle celebrated Valentine’s Day with a picnic on the floor of their living room using a quilt made by Kristin’s great aunt (a gorgeous wedding ring quilt, oh my stars)!
10. Marissa and her husband got a big laugh out of their last name being on the Padres pronunciation guide for Spring Training. (It’s pronounced “close,” not “clo-ess.”)
11. Grace surpassed walking and started running — a lot!
12. Emily was very happy about our closet overhaul and organization day. It now houses all of our pretty new prints!
13 In addition to their wedding film, Emily and John also received their disc of wedding images from Tanja. She included some gorgeous prints with hand-cut mats.
14. Kristin shared her love story with our amazing readers! Yay!!
15. We had plenty of exciting staff meetings this month as we reviewed our January goals and discussed ideas for V6!
16 Kristin spread some love to celebrate Emily’s birthday and sent a pile of goodies to The Birthday Party Project. (See Emily’s post on it here.)
17. We all appreciated the Southern charm dripping from the lovely cotton wreath on Lara’s office door.
18. My boyfriend and I watched our rival alma maters play against each other in basketball. The Tar Heels won. :)
Tell us: What did you do in February? What were the highlights of your month?
So many fun things happened in February, but I’m looking forward to the real start of spring! The highlight for me was a trip to Atlanta to visit my best friend. We had such a great weekend of incredible food and shopping, and of course, lots of girl talk!
Lisa, I love that! I’m looking forward to the real start of spring, too, and the chance to catch up with my best friend in her city.
When is the new issue of southern weddings available to buy?
Hi Ann! We expect the next issue to debut on 11/12/13!