Our October was full of pretty leaves, Halloween hype and general fall fun. With the State Fair in town, it was also full of deliciously fried foods and carnival games. Take a look at what the Southern Weddings gals did last month!
1. Emily and John ventured to some waterfalls while taking a weekend trip to Asheville
2. Lara, Grace and Ari went to the McKee Farm corn maze!
3. I waited in line for a fried chicken biscuit from Sunrise Biscuit Kitchen — a Chapel Hill must!
4. Lara surprised Emily and I with some Krispy Kremes as we made our final edits on V5.
5. I ran the Color Me Rad 5K with my sister and Dad.
6. Emily, in the thick of the name change process, gathered up materials for the social security office.
7. I went to the State Fair and got to the top of the Ferris wheel just just as the fireworks show began.
8. Kristin celebrated the start of fall with some homemade chicken vegetable soup.
9. Emily, also in the mood to celebrate fall, whipped up some pumpkin chocolate chip muffins on wedding china! (She gladly shared the recipe with us here.)
10. Kristin celebrated her eighth first-date anniversary (photo from first date weekend, October 2004).
11. Marissa unpacked from Bridal Market and repacked to move! Yes, that is peanut butter in her suitcase.
12. Kristin spent a gorgeous Saturday morning at the State Fair tasting a pile of yummy (mostly fried) Southern treats: ham biscuit, fried pickles, fried snickers, roasted corn and more!
13. One of the one million gorgeous gowns Kristin saw during Bridal Market in NYC. This one is by Ines Di Santo.
14. Emily and I spent a couple of days proofing V5!
15. Marissa had dinner in NYC with Kristin, Kat Harris and former SW editor, Whitney. Once an SW girl, always an SW girl!
16. We carved a Southern pumpkin, y’all! This guy even has a dapper bow tie.
17. Lara went on a trip across the U.S. for Making Things Happen and flew over beach, canyons and snow.
18. Emily painted some golden pumpkins as her crafty project of the month.
Tell us: What did you do in October? What were the highlights of your month?
See what happened in past months: