Though our last “Ultimate Southern” Challenge wrapped up just last week, we’re already eager to introduce the next round! Once you hear the topic, I don’t think you’ll blame us, either: it’s sweets! Yes, this time we’re looking for your most creative, lovely, adorable, and SOUTHERN ideas concerning the most delicious part of any wedding.
Not a baker? Not a problem! This challenge is more about presentation than taste (although if you have a fabulous recipe to share, by all means, please do!). We’re thinking Southern sweet wrapping, packaging, and prettifying – anything that helps show off your sweetest Southern ideas! To get your wheels turning, here are a few favorites from our archives:
Peach dessert photo by Steve Steinhardt via SW; mini pecan pie photo by Braedon Flynn via SW; mini key lime tart photo by Jodi Miller via SW; s’more pops photo by Kate Headley via SW; mini pecan pies photo by Caroline Joy via SW
Vendors, feel free to team up, though your submission doesn’t have to be anything elaborate — in fact, we want these ideas to be easily executable by brides everywhere!
A few details:
– Your submission can take any form (as long as it involves sweets!), but the most important piece is that it be SOUTHERN.
– Anyone can enter as an individual or a team — vendors, brides and grooms, and wedding or Southern enthusiasts alike. And you don’t have to be Southern to enter!
– To enter, please send 5-10 professional-quality photos at 600 pixels wide and a brief description of your submission to howdy at iloveswmag dot com. Subject line: “Ultimate Southern Challenge: Sweets.”
– Include the names and websites of all your team members, and a list of materials and links to sources used. Please include directions for any DIY projects you may have done.
– All submissions must be received by 11:59pm on April 20, 2012. Submissions received after the 20th will not be eligible.
– Our favorite submissions will be posted throughout the week of April 23, and the winner, who gets ultimate Southern bragging rights, will be announced the following week.
– Submissions cannot be posted or tweeted until published on Southern Weddings.
We can’t WAIT to see what y’all come up with! Questions? Leave them below, and we’ll do our best to answer them!
P.S. Want to check out the winners of our last three Challenges? Go here, here and here!