I’m sure I’m not the only one who felt this way, but after reading Molly and Eric’s real wedding interview for their feature in V7, I kind of wanted them to be my best friends! The couple behind Maggie Louise Bridal is sweet, hilarious, thoughtful, and totally smitten with each other, and especially knowing how hard they work together to serve darling Memphis brides, I was excited to find out how they relaxed and reconnected. I hope y’all enjoy reading about their favorite dates as much as I did!
Thanks so much to Jon Sharman Photography for these fabulous photos!
By day: Soon after celebrating our first anniversary in April, we had a lot of big life changes in the career category! Eric finished his Master’s degree in May, and shortly after, he joined me full-time at our bridal boutique, Maggie Louise!! Since opening the boutique back in 2012, Eric has been behind the scenes, helping me grow this sweet blessing into what it is today. After lots of prayer and consideration, he decided to join me in this crazy adventure, and life hasn’t been the same since. As a couple who now lives, commutes, and works together, we’ve experienced a lot of changes over the last year and a tremendous amount of growth as a husband and wife team. It has been so rewarding to watch God’s plan for our lives unfold and to do what we love together. But, we’ve also realized just how important it is to unwind and escape together for a date night!!!
Where they live: We live in Memphis, Tennessee in a downtown loft that has a rooftop overlooking our wonderful city. Memphis is full of live music, grounded with tons of history, and growing rapidly before our eyes. We love living downtown during this season of life and being able to walk to some of our most favorite places.
Their love story: Eric and I were introduced in college back in 2007 and I fell for him at first sight. We remained friends for several years, and in 2010, we had our “first date.” I was doing a pretty good job of playing hard to get, so he asked if he could simply pick me up for Sonic. I have never gotten so dressed up to go to America’s Drive-In, but I’ll never forget the feeling of seeing him pull into my driveway. To this day, it is still one of my favorite dates because it is so us–we like to keep things simple, and it reminds me to enjoy the little moments together that make life so much fun. We were engaged in September 2013 and married the following April. Eric even earned some extra brownie points when he showed up at Maggie Louise in May with a Route 44 PowerAde Slush in hand to celebrate our five years together.
Their wedding: We got married on April 4, 2014 at ACRE, a cozy Southern home that was turned into a modern fine dining restaurant in East Memphis. Our goal for our wedding (and every day in marriage!) was to keep it simple, have a good time, and honor the Lord. We are still so very honored to have our special day featured in Southern Weddings V7–click over to read all about it here.
Molly and Eric’s five favorite date nights:
1. Home sweet home: Sometimes, our days quickly turn into nights, so being home can be good for the soul. Since dinner plans are occasionally on a whim, we are thankful to have some of the best restaurants right in our backyard. Our ideal date night at home would be to bring home a lobster pizza from Spindini and eat it on our rooftop, overlooking the Mississippi River. We choose to end the night with dessert from our favorite bakery, Muddy’s, and, more than likely, a Netflix movie!
2. Summer concert and subs to go: One of the best summer date nights in Memphis takes place at the Levitt Shell–an outdoor venue that hosts free concerts with up-and-coming local artists. We love to grab a blanket, a bottle of wine, and a sub from Fino’s (our all-time favorite Italian deli in Midtown). I couldn’t ask for more than live music with the one I love as the sun sets over the city.
3. Celebration/splurge date night: The best date night memory I have was a last-minute surprise from Eric to celebrate some exciting things going on in our lives. We walked to a fancy restaurant downtown that both of us had always wanted to try and enjoyed dinner on the outdoor patio, complete with café lights and a bottle of rosé. That night in particular reminded me of how lucky I am to do life with my best friend, and that is worth every penny!
4. High-speed date night: Poor Eric did not marry an outdoors-y girl, but luckily, I do love a thrill ride. And what better way to get your heart racing than with a little thrill and competition! Our ideal Friday date night would be a trip to the indoor (!) high-speed go-cart track, followed by our all-time favorite: Mexican food!
5. Sunday funday: Sundays end up being the sweetest days for us together. We love starting the morning at our church home, beating the crowd to our favorite brunch spot, and spending the afternoon at our home, whether that means taking naps or just taking the entire day slow. Since we work at the boutique on Saturdays, Sundays are sacred–they are our day to unwind and refresh for the week ahead.
Southern Weddings reserves the right to delete comments which contain profanity or personal attacks or seek to promote a business unrelated to the post. And remember: a good attitude is like kudzu – it spreads. We love hearing your kind thoughts!