July is already off to a wonderful start for the Southern Weddings gals and June was just as good. We packed the office and our lives with plenty of #SouthernDoin’s. Check out what we’ve been up to!
1. The Engage conference gave Emily her first chance to visit the Biltmore Estate. She saw the house from this vantage point on a Segway tour!
2. Summer is officially here! Kristin whipped up her first batch of homemade ice cream using fresh peaches from the farmer’s market.
3. One of the snack breaks at Engage involved mason jar sugar cookies (like these ones!). Emily said they were delicious!
4. We savored a delightful breakfast crafted by Chef Colin from Fearrington.
5. Thanks to technology, Marissa’s mama and her iPad, Marissa was able to see one of her best friends find her perfect dress!
6. A press lunch at the Umstead had us all full of delicious food, with many of the ingredients from their own farm!
7. I celebrate the start of summer with a picnic and movie in the park. The Big Mike’s food truck was there and I loved that the truck is actually a little red barn!
8. Kristin fell in love with the Eiffel tower during her trip to Paris and made up a thousand reasons each evening to stroll past and sit on the lawn, nibble on bread and cheese and watch it light up.
9. Emily and Lara had a fabulous time at Engage13 at the Biltmore Estate! This photo was snapped at the gala on the last night.
10. Marissa is making her #SouthernDoins work out west with a little creativity and a Georgia peach!
11. Gracie said “y’all” for the first time!!
12. Emily and John got to see the Zac Brown Band for the first time in Raleigh! Of course, Emily wore her cowboy boots :)
13. Marissa rocked her shirt from Sevenly. According to M, “It’s not only adorable, but the proceeds go to provide a service dog to a child in need. One of my favorite charities!”
14. A special friend dropped by the office with mini pecan pies, and Emily ate 75% of them herself.
15. I got crafty and decided to make my own piggy stamp!
16. I didn’t mind at all when I made a run to Whole Foods to pick up flowers for a Southern Weddings Shop photo shoot!
17. Following my suggestion, Kristin traveled to the Pont des Arts in Paris and left a lock and tossed the key into the river, following recent tradition to lock away love. “It seemed a perfect way to end a most lovely first anniversary holiday in the most magical city,” said Kristin.
18. Lara, Ari and Grace stopped by the Piggly Wiggly during their staycation!
Pick my peas, June was so good to us!
What did y’all do in June? What were the highlights of your month?