You know those “Holy Grail” searches that seem to go on endlessly? (See: HG foundation and HG hairspray, for two…) For a lot of people, one of those searches is for the ultimate gift source – one place you can always turn for the perfect item, no matter the occasion, age, or style of the loved one. For my sister, that place has long been Uncommon Goods, and I’m starting to think she’s on to something!
I think all but one of her gifts for our family this Christmas came from their site, and all were big hits at unwrapping time. Uncommon Goods is her go-to for wedding and shower gifts, too!
I’m not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but it seems like many of the couples whose weddings I’ve been invited to recently have either not registered for anything, or asked for cash. If you (like me) prefer to give something tangible as a gift (perhaps in addition to cash!), then a site like Uncommon Goods comes in super handy.
Today, I’m sharing my picks for unique gifts for groomsmen, gifts for the bride (perfect for a shower), and creative wedding gift ideas, and a bit about why I included each below. But, I think the best gifts are always uniquely fitted to the recipient, so if none of my picks are doing it for you, definitely go browse Uncommon Goods’ site yourself – I guarantee you’ll find something to love!
1. Make Your Own Hot Sauce Kit. For the gourmet chef in training (or, just your resident taco lover friend!). My brother-in-law would love this.
2. A Wooden Tic Tac Toe Set. Slightly random? Perhaps :) But this would make a classy coffee table addition in any bachelor pad, and win your groomsmen uncle of the year awards for sure!
3. All Natural Shoe Care Kit. File this under things your groomsmen wouldn’t necessarily buy themselves, but that they’ll be happy to have. I feel like millenials are bringing back some of the “old school” things we associate with our parents but that never should have fallen out of fashion, and a lovingly-cared-for pair of shoes is one of them!
4. Multi-Tool Box of Wonders. Clever gadgets are a slam-dunk gift for guys in my experience. The Pocket Monkey (which fits in a wallet!) is especially cool!
1. Adventure Blanket. I love bridal shower gifts that get the couple excited for their marriage, so that’s how I themed these gift picks! A waterproof, foldable blanket is perfect for encouraging picnics, hikes, and beach days for the newlyweds.
2. Date Night Bucket List. No more boring date nights! Your couple won’t skip a beat after the excitement of the wedding dies down with these 25 ideas.
3. Table Topics. I want a set of these for myself! Even approaching my five year anniversary (and 13 years with my husband!), there are things we don’t know about each other, and I think these cubes of conversation starters would be such a fun way to keep our dinners or road trips surprising.
4. Woven Straw Placemats. These are just fun and cute :) But again, I love that they’d encourage your couple to make even a simple weeknight dinner a special occasion!
1. Hand Embroidered State Pillows. I know these beauties have been around for a few years, but I still get all the heart eyes over them! Especially for couples who have moved away from their beloved South, these pillows are a sweet reminder of home sweet home.
2. Timbrephone Acoustic Phone Amp. So they can pump up their Spotify playlist for impromptu after-dinner dancing in the kitchen.
3. Smartphone Instant Photo Lab. This cool gadget lets couples create analog Polaroid-style photo prints from their smartphone or tablet. Encourage them to take snaps throughout the night at their next dinner party, then give them to guests as favors!
4. My Cinema Lightbox. So they can leave sweet messages to greet each other when they arrive home.
5. Do Good Cotton Hammock. So they can feel like they’re still on their honeymoon, even in the backyard.
6. Scratch Map Deluxe. For a couple with a serious case of wanderlust, this map will let them track which countries they’ve traveled to together. Imagine how sweet it will be to look back on their 25th or 40th anniversary and reminisce over all that they’ve done!
Uncommon Goods is working to change the way business is done by making sustainability a part of every decision they make, something that is near and dear to our company’s heart. In addition to making great gifts, they’re steadily working to make themselves more environmentally friendly, socially responsible, and a rewarding place to work. Head to their site for all of your gifting needs!
This post is sponsored by Uncommon Goods, a company we’ve used and loved for years. Thank you for your support of the brands who make Southern Weddings possible!