My wedding was four years ago last month, so I’ve had plenty of time to think on what I might have done differently. Thankfully, there are VERY few things I’d change about my entire engagement and wedding, including where we registered! I was a Crate and Barrel bride then, and if I were to register tomorrow, I’d still be a Crate and Barrel bride. Their modern, elegant, understated style is a perfect match for so many aesthetics! I’m still in love with the items we chose back in the day, but today, I thought it would be fun to dive back into their options and give you a peek at what my registry might look like in 2016!
I’ve marked with an asterisk the items I currently own and love! The rest are things I wish I owned :)
1. Pretty glass jars for storing flour and sugar.*
2. A workhorse French oven for soups, stews, and baked risotto – we use ours multiple times a week.*
3. A 30-piece glass storage set. Not the daintiest registry item, but probably the one our family has gotten the most use out of!*
4. Prep and pour bowls for Saturday morning pancakes!
5. A striped kitchen towel that’s soft in the hand and tough on spills.
6. Mixing bowls in chic Breton style!
7. Calphalon cookware set. Every pot in this set has been used over and over in our house. I love how easy they are to clean!*
8. I have been known to give people immersion blenders for their birthdays because I truly believe everyone should own one. A must if you love soup!*
9. From waffles to pancakes to quesadillas to veggie burgers, there’s (almost) nothing the Griddler can’t do! I love how easy it is to keep clean – just pop the plates in the dishwasher when you’re done.*
10. A classic white utensil crock that looks great on the counter.*
1. The Staccato dinner plates* were our pick for every day, and I can’t imagine ever getting tired of them! If I were registering today, I’d mix in the Savannah salad plate – dying over that gold rim.
2. A marble serving platter – equally good for displaying charcuterie and providing an Instagram backdrop :)
3. Don’t forget to add a few servings bowls, like the Mallorca, to your registry. You’ll be surprised how often you use them on weeknights and holidays alike!
4. My best tip on flatware – make sure you visit a store before adding a set to your registry. Forks and spoons can feel so different in your hand, and for something that will be with you for the long haul, you want to make sure it’s 100% comfortable! I was surprised by how bulky a few designs were in person.*
5. I searched for months and months for the perfect chair for our table. I eventually settled on Crate and Barrel’s Willa, but the Vienna has my heart, too!
6. If you don’t want to go all-in on a trendy material, choosing just a serving set in the finish is a great compromise! Love the rose gold Harper set.
7. Upholstered chairs at the table are a bit spendier (and make me a bit nervous with the possibility of spills!), so placing just one at each end is another great compromise. These would be my pick.
8. I think every kitchen should have a few wooden pieces, like these salad servers, to warm things up and keep it from feeling sterile.*
9. We went with the Rings glasses for our registry, but today I think I’d choose the Josie double old-fashioned for our everyday glasses – classic with a twist!
No matter your style, you’ll find pieces to love at Crate and Barrel because their collection of housewares and furniture is unlike any other. They collaborate with talented artists around the world to create pieces you can’t find anywhere else! Beyond aesthetics, they’ve got all the perks you and your guests will love, like 10% off on most items (even ones not on your registry!) for six months after your wedding; easy and convenient returns; and free shipping on registry gifts over $99.
Ready to register? Click here to get started with your registry, then find a Private Registry Event near you here! Have the store all to yourself as you get inside tips from our registry experts, create your perfect registry, mingle with other couples, and celebrate with food, drinks and fun.
This post is brought to you by Crate and Barrel — thanks for your support of the brands that make Southern Weddings possible!