Our small but mighty team is growing, friends! One of our favorite things that we all have our hands in is relationship building and delighting our readers and customers with great service. It makes our day to chat about marriage on Instagram with you, to help you package up our wedding planner as a gift to your best friend, and to tell you about all the exciting things that are happening in our office! The more we grow and our mission spreads, the more we have need of a person who could be fully dedicated to this part of our company. While each of us will always have a hand in managing our conversations with you, we’re excited to hire someone who can officially become our new Marketing and Customer Delight Manager!
Think you’re the right person for the job? Take a look at our job description and requirements below, as well as the link to apply. We know the right addition to our team will shine through an energetic, Southern voice, and will integrate into our office culture seamlessly. Each of us values independent and efficient workers who can also thrive in collaborative environments. Though we intend to add a new worker bee to our ranks, we’re also looking for someone we completely trust who has both integrity and charm.
The person most fit for this position:
- Has a positive attitude
- Is a team player
- Has a Southern voice
- Is well-spoken
- Is energetic
- Has experience with marketing/marketing strategy
- Is an early adopter of new technology
- Has a love for marriage and the South
- Has an indefatigable spirit and thrives on “situation solving”
- Has a great grasp of grammar and punctuation
- Thrives on relationship building and exceeding expectations with charm
Job Description & Responsibilities:
- Cultivate trust in our readers through relationship building and marketing efforts.
- Manage, track, and grow our campaigns, programs, and relationships
- Collaborate with the design and editorial teams to create well-timed social campaigns to promote events, new products, and new features
- Create in-office imagery and help with product styling
- Respond to all customer service inquiries via social media and email with a positive and friendly voice
- Infuse our social media voice with our brand’s core and mission
- Write and schedule all social media posts
- Post to all social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Google Plus for all Lara Casey Media brands, including Southern Weddings, the Lara Casey Shop, and Making Things Happen
- Identify brand advocates and leverage their voice to further encourage strong relationships in our readers
- Track our social media analytics and use the data to guide new efforts
- Spearhead brand social conversations and marketing plans, including some in-person events
- Coordinate and manage quarterly themes
- Help pack orders, when needed
- Must have at least two years of professional experience in marketing and/or social media
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Must be able to begin working full time in our Chapel Hill office in July
- Must be able to commit to 4-5 interviews (including at least one in-person interview)
Click here to fill out our job application. We’d suggest giving yourself 30-45 minutes to complete it. Applications will close Friday, May 29.
For more information about working at Southern Weddings and what we look for, explore our Working with Southern Weddings page.