Happy October! Now that the last month of summer 2013 is behind us, it’s time to recap our #summerdoin challenge! This challenge definitely motivated us to enjoy the best of the South this summer, and we were overjoyed that so many of y’all joined in. First of all, here are a few of our staff favorites!
1. Marissa‘s favorite was traveling to Chapel Hill for way too many biscuits and lots of laughs at our team shoot.
2. Lisa loved visiting the beautiful beaches at Tybee Island, Georgia with her family.
3. Lara‘s favorite was baking banana bread for one of her elderly neighbors.
4. Kristin planted her very first garden and made fried green tomatoes for the first time.
5. Emily enjoyed floating down a river in inner tubes with John and her siblings-in-law over the Fourth of July.
6. Nicole traveled to a new Southern city, New Orleans, where she tried a delicious muffaletta.
We loved following along as y’all checked #summerdoins off of the list as well! Thank you kindly to those of you who shared the checklist on your own blogs and social media accounts (like Charity and Jessica)–we appreciate it! Here are a few fun instagrams we rounded up from the hashtag.
7. Ashley went fishing for catfish.
8. Kathleen and Joe got out in the Tennessee countryside.
9. Victoria found Cheerwine in Texas (no easy feat!).
10. Abi went blueberry picking…with chickens!
11. Allyson attended a baseball game
12. Rachel went to the beach with her adorable family.
Thank you again to everyone who participated–it sure was fun! By the way, our next #SouthernDoin calendar is going to be holiday themed! Leave your favorite Southern holiday activities in the comments, and maybe it’ll end up on our list!
Definitely baking pies and goodies for neighbors! It wouldn’t be the holidays in Georgia if the whole neighborhood didn’t share pecan pie and toffee!