Something about beautiful weather definitely sparks our creativity at the Southern Weddings office, and that creativity extends to planning fun activities for date night! We’re looking forward to hearing ideas from lots of amazing folks across the South this spring and summer, starting with today’s sweet couple, Hannah and Adam. These Georgia cuties have a soft spot for their college town of Athens, and I love the way their favorite dates incorporate trips to this special place. Make their ideas your own by subbing in the town where you and your beau met, got engaged, or tied the knot!
Thanks so much to Vic Bonvicini for these cute photos of Hannah and Adam’s “into the city” date!
Names: Adam and Hannah Kersh
By day: Adam is a musician and worship leader at North Point Ministries. Hannah is an Account Lead at See.Spark.Go., a public relations agency based in Athens, Georgia.
Where they live: Buford, Georgia, but we are moving back to Athens in May.
Their love story: We met in high school through a mutual friend (who actually told me I was going to marry Adam!). After that, we lived in the same city, but didn’t reconnect until six years later in October 2012. I was doing publicity and hosting media for a conference Adam was singing at, gave him my business card, and the rest is history! Eight months later, Adam proposed on top of Pikes Peak in Colorado Springs, and we got married in February 2014 at The Engine Room in Monroe, Georgia.
Hannah and Adam’s top five favorite date ideas:
1. Into the city: This is when we unplug the most. We intentionally take a night (usually for a special occasion) and head into Atlanta, cell phone-free. We pick a new restaurant that has rave reviews and eat a new-to-us meal. We’ve even been known to stay the night on the 62nd floor of the Westin!
2. Reliving our dating days in Athens: We love, love, love Athens! It’s home of the Dawgs, and it’s where our love story began. Some of our favorite memories were made in this city, and it’s fun to relive those early dating memories, like going to The Grill at midnight for a malt and feta fries, or thrifting at some of the city’s hidden gems.
3. UGA game days: No trip to Athens is complete without cheering on our Dawgs! We love Saturdays in the fall, but some of the cheapest dates we’ve been on have included (free) tennis matches and the Red and Black spring game. Of course, we end the day at one of our favorite Athens establishments, like The Last Resort, Five Bar, or Amici.
4. Morning date: Since Adam’s schedule requires him to work evenings for rehearsals and events, we love to make the most of our mornings. When we can, we wake up early, grab coffee at our favorite local spot (Pete’s Place), and head to the park or to Target. We love Target dates, though it usually ends up costing us more than we had bargained for!
5. At home date-night: When we’re tired from a crazy week but need some quality time together, we opt for an at-home date night. Usually, it includes chicken casserole or homemade pizza (or Chipotle if we’re REALLY not up for cooking) and a healthy dose of The Blacklist or a new-to-us Netflix movie. We enjoy having a night to just chill at home–no agenda, just each other.
Thanks so much for sharing, Hannah and Adam! Keep up with Hannah on her blog.
A little reminder: we’d love to hear from you! Our hope is to feature REAL couples in the South – not just folks who write blogs (though we love them, too!), but also your inspiring friend, super talented cousin, or neighbor with the cutest house – the kind of person everyone would love to “e-meet.” If that sounds like you or someone you know, take a peek at our Southern Newlywed submission page and shoot us an email!