Tomorrow is a very special day! Not only is it our lovely and talented Creative Director’s birthday, it’s her golden birthday!! We love this gal so much, and along with being so thankful for everything she does at Southern Weddings, we’re also so thankful that we get to spend our days with such a wonderful person. In honor of her 28th birthday tomorrow, we’ve rounded up a few of the things that we’ve learned over the years from Mrs. Emily Thomas!
What Lara has learned from Emily:
– Life is enjoyed more fully when you stretch yourself outside of your comfort zone and try new things!
– Taking time and being intentional about decisions makes life so much sweeter.
– The seemingly small things in life can be the most meaningful and delightful.
– Kitties sometimes like cake. :)
What Nicole has learned from Emily:
– Pink lipstick is FUN!
– Stand up for yourself. Your opinion and your perspective matter.
– Little adventures are still adventures. And sometimes, they’re the best ones.
– Comparison is for the birds. Your happiness radiates when you’re confident in your decisions and your life.
What Marissa has learned from Emily:
– Beautiful things can be even more beautiful if they have meaning.
– You don’t have to be raised in the South to exude Southern hospitality.
– How many exclamation points is too many exclamation points (!!) for one email.
– The perfect amount of shoulder-shrugging to make a fake laugh look real.
– Tami Taylor is a great role model!
What Lisa has learned from Emily:
– The best way to bond with someone is a long road trip (or Bridal Market!).
– You can’t control being in the right place at the right time, but you can control how prepared you are for when that right place and time happen.
– No milestone is too small to be celebrated.
– Marrying your best friend makes every day an adventure.
What Kristin has learned from Emily:
– Irish dancing isn’t for the faint of heart and should only be done by the experts (see: Emily Armstrong Thomas).
– Kittens and donuts make the world a sweeter place.
– You never know what inspiration will come when you take a few minutes to get up from your desk and take a walk around the block.
– Kindness and manners are like peanut butter and jelly: loved and appreciated by all.
What Morgan has learned from Emily:
– Anything can be learned.
– It never hurts to ask.
– It is important to listen to other’s ideas and to know how to compromise.
– A Monday night watching The Bachelor with friends is a Monday night well spent. :)
Please join us in wishing Emily a very happy birthday in the comments below!