One of the greatest joys of my life is that I get to spend 40 hours a week working with women who are smart, talented, sweet, and hilarious. I think everyone on this team can agree that our personal and professional relationships with each other make up a good portion of the reason why we are able to do our jobs well. This makes us particularly excited to announce that we are hiring!
Photo by Ally and Bobby
Founded in 2007, Lara Casey Media is the parent company of the Cultivate What Matters and Southern Weddings brands. Our collective brands serve an online audience of over one million in over 20 countries. You will be joining the team of a growing business that serves to help women cultivate intentional lives.
We are looking for a seasoned, joyful, and dynamic senior designer to add to our team! For each member on our team, the work we do for these brands comes from a place of personal passion and a love for our readers and customers. We’re thrilled to add another designer to our team who can help us kick up our marketing efforts, new projects, and everyday communication a notch.
We love to see our team members take on flexible job roles that both play up their skill strengths, but also fire them up on a personal level. With that being said, we do anticipate our new designer will work very closely with our Art Director and our Marketing Director to produce products and assets that help us better serve our audience.
Are you interested in working with us? Read on to find more details and qualifications.
Tasks and responsibilities may include:
- Creating graphics for our blogs, shops, social feeds, and video content
- Styling and shooting product imagery
- Editing product photography
- Basic videography
- Digital product design (e-books, opt-ins, and guides)
- Physical product design (namely the Cultivate What Matters PowerSheets and Write the Word journals, and Southern Weddings Magazine and Joyful Wedding Planner)
- Creating internal marketing assets like media kits and one-sheets
- Creating web assets and managing web development projects
- Managing production and import of overseas product
- Ad design and client interfacing
- Editing CSS and HTML for basic webpages and newsletters
The person most fit for this position:
- Is a creative problem-solver, and self-motivated to learn
- Has basic knowledge of HTML, CSS and WordPress
- Is a great communicator, and can tactfully and efficiently express ideas
- Has a love for great branding, and can build out appropriate interpretations of our brand assets for visual diversity and interest
- Has a strong knowledge of our brand and heart for our mission
- Has a joyful spirit and thrives on “situation solving”
- Approaches product creation with user-focused design, keeping in mind marketing tactics and print production techniques
- Has a positive attitude and is a team player
- Is well-spoken and has a great grasp of grammar and punctuation in written communication
- Is energetic and enthusiastic
- Has experience with digital marketing/marketing strategy
- Enjoys goal-setting and encouraging others
- Thrives on relationship building and exceeding expectations with charm
- Has 3+ years of experience in graphic design, product design, or editorial design
- Fluent in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
- Experienced in print production
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Must be able to begin working full time by October 1, or earlier
- Must be able to work in our Chapel Hill office
- Must be able to commit to 4-5 interviews (including at least one in-person interview)
To apply, fill out our application, and have these items ready to upload:
- Your PDF resume
- Your portfolio, if it’s not online
- A one-sheet PDF you have designed about yourself. Feel free to include anything you think is relevant, but be sure to include answers to the following questions. Get creative!
- Your name and any nicknames you have
- What fires you up?
- What is your greatest strength?
- Tell us a fun fact about yourself (or a few!)
- What are your professional goals?
We’d suggest giving yourself 30-45 minutes to complete the application. Applications will close August 14th. Salary commensurate with experience.
We highly recommend reading Lara’s tips for getting hired!