Back in May, we put up this blog post announcing that our team was growing and that we were looking for another great person to add to our office space! Well, a few months later, we’re still looking. Specifically, we’re hoping for a Marketing and Customer Delight Manager who can serve our readers on a one-on-one basis, and analyze our business as a whole to find new ways to share our mission. We’ve met dozens of amazing candidates for the job in the past three months, and though we aren’t 100% positive that we’ve found the right person, we are so glad that we know a few new friendly faces.
Finding the right person to add to our team is a tall order since each of us highly values our office culture and the relationships we’ve built. Finding someone who can seamlessly add another dimension to our group while balancing the many job responsibilities of this position is our biggest priority. We had a few specific conditions that might have disqualified someone from applying the first time around, but now we want to open up a new application to get to know anyone who might be perfect for us!
Think you’re the right person for the job? Take a look at our job description and requirements below, as well as the link to apply. We’ve now opened up our search to include remote positions, as well as candidates who have less than two years of post-grad experience.
The person most fit for this position:
- Has a positive attitude and is a team player
- Is well-spoken and has a great grasp of grammar and punctuation
- Is energetic
- Has experience with digital marketing/marketing strategy
- Is an early adopter of new technology
- Has a love for marriage and the South and has a Southern voice
- Enjoys goal-setting and encouraging others
- Has an indefatigable spirit and thrives on “situation solving”
- Thrives on relationship building and exceeding expectations with charm
- Experience in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, and experience styling and photographing, is a plus
Job Description & Responsibilities:
- Cultivate trust in the Southern Weddings and Lara Casey audiences through relationship building and marketing efforts.
- Manage, track, and grow our campaigns, programs, and relationships
- Collaborate with the design and editorial teams to create well-timed social campaigns to promote events, new products, and new features
- Create in-office imagery and help with product styling
- Respond to all customer service inquiries via social media and email with a positive and friendly voice
- Infuse our social media voice with our brand’s core and mission
- Write and schedule all social media posts
- Post to all social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Google Plus for all Lara Casey Media brands, including Southern Weddings, the Lara Casey Shop, and Making Things Happen
- Identify brand advocates and leverage their voice to further encourage strong relationships in our readers
- Track our social media and shop analytics, and use the data to guide new efforts
- Spearhead brand social conversations and marketing plans, including some in-person events
- Coordinate and manage quarterly themes
- Help pack orders, when needed
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Must be able to begin working full time by the end of the year
- Must be able to work in our Chapel Hill office or telecommute daily (preference given to CH candidates)
- Must be able to commit to 4-5 interviews (including at least one in-person interview)
To apply, fill our our application here, and have these items ready to upload:
- Your resume (bonus points for showing us your personality and any fun facts about yourself here!)
- A styled Instagram shot that illustrates your personality brilliantly. Feel free to get creative here and interpret this in any way that feels right to you!
We’d suggest giving yourself 30-45 minutes to complete the application. Applications will close Friday, August 28.
For more information about working at Southern Weddings and what we look for, explore our Working with Southern Weddings page.