This time last year, we were gearing up for the first ever SW Premiere Party and planning the launch of the SW Blog. My, how far we’ve come! We couldn’t be more excited about the direction Southern Weddings is heading and want to say a big THANK YOU for being a part of it with us! To celebrate our blogiversary, we collaborated with some amazing companies and created a package of seven prizes that one lucky reader will have the opportunity to win. Thank you to PosePrints, Paloma’s Nest, Julianne Smith, Janie’s Cakes, Give a Digital Frame.com, Guestbook Store, and Grits Bits for contributing to our anniversary celebration!
1. Paper products should reflect your style as a couple and give guests a glimpse into your event, and PosePrints provides the perfect way to personalize your correspondence. Their website allows you to create a sophisticated one- or two-person caricature to appear on high-quality paper products. Everything is customizable, from background, facial features and accessories to skin color, hair style, and clothing. All drawings are one-of-a-kind and can be applied to Save-the-Dates, Shower invitations, Thank-you notes and more. Stationary should be uniquely you – and look like you too!
2. I’m always looking for ways to spice up traditional wedding components, and these gorgeous ring bearer bowls from Paloma’s Nest are such a fresh, modern take on the classic ring bearer pillow. Each ceramic bowl is hand-crafted and stamped with a meaningful message, and threaded through two small holes near the rim of the bowl is a silky cord that can be used to hold your rings! And unlike ring bearer pillows, these elegant bowls can be kept and used for years. They would be perfect for holding keepsake jewelry long after the vows are exchanged.
3. Julianne Smith designed her line of chic wedding garters after searching high and low for a simple and fun wedding garter that matched the personality of her friend. Julianne’s garters are individually hand crafted and her garters are so unique that modern brides will want to embrace the garter tradition, even if they don’t do the toss. Julianne uses flirty polka dots, delicate bows and other simple designs to dress her garters up and make them special, without going over the top. Whether you decide to flaunt it, toss it or keep it as your little secret, Julianne Smith’s wedding garters will let you be the modern, stylish bride that you are.
4. We had the pleasure of sampling the Italian Jane from the talented bakers at Janie’s Cakes and were blown away! They use the freshest ingredients (Janie even raises her own chickens!) and have been baking and shipping Janie’s amazing pound cakes for over 20 years. These cakes would make a great addition to a desert bar or serve as a tasty alternative to the traditional tiered wedding cake.
5. The Wedding Digital Frame Gift Pack from Give a Digital Frame.com allows you to create a digital slideshow of your gorgeous wedding images, and can also be a great personal wedding gift! It’s a simple process to upload your images and Give a Digital Frame.com will send you a 7” digital frame along with a 1GB memory card containing your images. Pictures are one of the most lasting impressions of your day, so it’s important to have a lovely way to display them!
6. A great alternative to a book of autographs likely to be stored away, these non-traditional guestbooks from Guestbook Store personalize your event and capture guests’ memories and heartfelt wishes for your special day! Each guest at your event will receive their own guestbook page to decorate with special messages, and at the end of the night, you can create your own guestbook by placing the completed pages into one of Guestbook Store’s lovely albums. It’s simple and personal way to create a cherished keepsake!
7. Grits Bits are a fun way to add a touch of southern hospitality to guest favor bags, or would be perfect for a treat table at a cocktail reception. These crispy Bits are bite-sized and baked with grits in four flavors: cheddar, jalapeno, Vidalia onion cheese and sweet cream butter. Their tag line is: “Southerners and Yankees can finally agree on something – Grits Bits are Great!”, and these Southerners can’t help but agree!
Win: One lucky winner will receive SEVEN amazing products: A set of 50 personalized cards from PosePrints, a ring bearer bowl with the message “To Have and To Hold” from Paloma’s Nest, a “something blue” garter from Julianne Smith, a pound cake from Janie’s Cakes, a digital frame from Give a Digital Frame.com, a guestbook from Guestbook Store, and a variety 4-pack from Grits Bits.
To Enter: Leave a comment on this post telling us your favorite SW feature from the past year and how it inspired you! We love to connect with our readers, and it’s always interesting to hear what you’ve enjoyed the most. It could be a wedding, contest, or a post from one of our guest bloggers, and please include the link to the post in your comment.
Contest ends Wednesday, April 8th at midnight. Thanks for celebrating our anniversary with us!